The exterior of your home reflects your individual style just as much as the interior. If you feel the need to give your porch a new look and feel, then check out the ideas below!
1. Plants. Bridge the gap between your front yard and porch area by introducing some natural elements. Install hanging planters on the roof of the porch and select beautiful greenery that trails down or add some flower boxes along the railings and plant colorful flowers or unique succulents.
2. Color. Adding a pop of color can really liven up your porch. Try painting the ceiling, railing, or front door. If you aren't ready for a larger DIY project yet, consider purchasing some brightly colored pillows or throws for your patio furniture or large ceramic posts.
3. Lighting. Changing up your lighting on your porch can make a huge difference. Start small by wrapping lights around your railing or hanging cafe lights across the ceiling. If you're interested in a larger project, you can install a pendant light, rustic lanterns, decorative wall lights, or sconces.
4. House number. One of the easiest updates you can make to your porch area is switching out your house numbers. Some options to consider are modern, metal numbers, colored numbers that match your front door, a custom stained-glass plate, or a small mounted planter box with the numbers fixed to the front.
5. Porch drapes. Porch drapes are easy to install and are the perfect way to give your porch a little privacy and shade. Keep it simple with a white linen or spice it up with a color or pattern.